CSCS Employer Awareness
Length 5 hours
The Civil Service Compensation Scheme (CSCS) Awareness course covers the responsibilities of the employer when managing early exits and redundancies, including the communications process and the benefits that are offered to members.
The CSCS Awareness course is ideally suited to HR, payroll and finance employees who manage the day-to-day administration of the pension scheme or for those managing/involved in early departure exercise.
- How a department should manage an Early Exit/VoluntaryRedundancy/Compulsory Redundancy scheme
- Communications between the Member, Employer and MyCSP
- Compensation and exit terms - including updates and changes
- Member benefit options on departure including:
- actuarially reduced retirement
- added pension
- preserved awards
- family benefits
- compensation amounts
- partial buy out
- detailing dismissal
Benefits from attending:
• be able to plan and manage any exit exercises within their organisation
• understand the processes and timescales involved
• be able to perform basic calculations
• be able to explain to members the various levels of compensation benefit
payable under the relevant circumstances
• understand the options available from the pension scheme
There are currently no courses available.